"PREMIER INSTRUMENTS, supplies with a wide range of temperature sensing devices, thermocouples and R.T.D sensors.
A thermocouple is a sensor for measuring temperature. It consists of two dissimilar metals, joined together at one end. When the junction of the two metals is heated or cooled a voltage is produced that can be correlated back to the temperature. The thermocouple alloys are commonly available as wire.
We supply thermocouples and R.T.D of all types, ranges, varieties.
All our supplies are with calibration certificates and traceable to national and international standards.
WE SUPPLY Different types of thermocouples like E, J, K, N, T, S, R, and B. Each type is suitable for a specific temperature range from –2010C to 17000C.
The construction of each makes it suitable for use in various environments:
- Type E: suitable for vacuum, inert, mildly oxidizing, or reducing atmospheres
- Type J: may be used, exposed or unexposed, where there is a deficiency of free oxygen
- Type K: typically requires metal or ceramic protection
- Type N: resists oxidation where sulphur is present
- Type T: can be used in either oxidizing or reducing atmospheres
- Types S, R, B: should always be protected with a ceramic tube, a secondary tube of porcelain, and a silicon carbide or metal outer tube as conditions require
|Thermocouple Conductor Type||Limits of Error
(Whichever is greater)
|Suitable Range For Different Types Of Thermocouples|
|Standard||Special||Thermocouple grade wire||Extension wire|
|Type K||±2.20C or ±0.75%||±1.10C or ±0.4%||–454 to 2,300F (–270 to 1260C)||32 to 392F (0 to 200C)|
|Type T||±1.00C or ±0.75%||±0.50C or ±0.4%||–454 to 700F (–270 to 370C)||32 to 392F (0 to 200C)|
|Type J||±2.20C or ±0.75%||±1.10C or ±0.4%||–346 to 1,400F (–210 to –760C)||32 to 392F (0 to 200C)|
|Type N||±2.20C or ±0.75%||±1.10C or± 0.4%||–454 to 2300F (–270 to 392C)||32 to 392F (0 to 200C)|
|Type E||±1.70C or ±0.5%||±1.00C or ±0.4%||–454 to 1600F (–270 to 870C)||32 to 392F (0 to 200C)|
|Type S||±1.50C or ±0.25%||±0.60C or ±0.1%||–58 to 2700F (&ndash50 to 1480C)||32 to 392F (0 to 200C)|
|Type R||±1.50C or ±0.25%||±0.60C or ±0.1%||–58 to 2700F (–50 to 1480C)||32 to 392F (0 to 200C)|
|Type B||±0.5%||±0.25%||32 to 3100F (0 to 1700C)||32 to 212F (0 to 100C)|